Alright, let’s just say it: 2020 has been a shitshow. After months of isolation, social distancing, political turmoil, and binge watching every show in existence, we all desperately deserve something to be joyful about. Even the typical holiday haters didn’t complain when we all turned on the Christmas music the morning of November 1st.
We may be home alone, but we’re going to be merry about it, dammit.
But seriously, with the miles and masks that separate us from our loved ones this year, finding perfect gifts feels more important than ever. Last year, our family committed to giving and receiving homemade and regifted items – “Thriftmas 2019.” It kept spending down and encouraged repurposing and recycling over wastefulness! This year, we have been leaning pretty hard on Amazon deliveries to keep things running – maybe too hard – so we’re switching gears and making an effort to support small and locally run businesses for the holidays. We’ve put together three lists to help make your shopping easier and more fun. We even have some special discount codes for you! When we don’t have a code of our own, we’ve looked around for the best deal we could find! (In some cases, the link we provide may be a referral link that credits our accounts, but this will not charge you more!)
We hope you like the shops we’ve highlighted. Let us know what you find for your loved ones! Happy shopping!
-Liz & Emily
- Cute Knits – Based out of a small town in Maine, not far from Bar Harbor, Anna designs and sews clothes for kids and mommas alike. Her creations are made in vibrant colors and unique patterns, making them truly one-of-a-kind finds. Order soon to get your creations in time for Christmas! Use code SANTA10 for 10% off!
- Beloved Littles Co. – Lacie started out making gifts for her expecting friends, and now runs a vibrant online business selling beautiful burp cloths, teethers, bibs, lovies and more. In a sea of plastic, these handmade fabric and wooden treasures make excellent gifts! Use code SANTA15 for 15% off your order. (P.S. Lacie’s packaging is adorable, so you can send gifts directly to your loved ones knowing it will arrive packaged with love and care!)
- Cuddle & Kind– Who doesn’t love a mission-focused business? Cuddle and Kind dolls are handmade, and each clever character has a unique name and comes in two sizes. For each doll sold, 10 meals are provided to children in need. Needless to say, Wyatt the Fox is on someone’s Christmas list this year! Use this link to get 20% off your first purchase!
- PlaidHoney – Liz discovered PlaidHoney on Instagram, and fell in love with their whimsical clothes for kids. Rocco spent the summer running around in their bummies (short shorts), and he has recently discovered his love for leggings. We feel you, kid. PlaidHoney’s Etsy shop will reopen with holiday inventory on November 23rd. For now, browse their Instagram to see the adorable clothes.
Use code SANTA15 for 15% off when you check out before December 18th!
- Young Apparel Co. – Liz and her kids have been brand repping for Sarah at Young Apparel Co. for a few years now. With graphic tee creations for the whole crew, this has become a hit with our whole family. Check out the shop to see the shirt Liz’s daughter, Lucy, recently helped design – 50% of the proceeds from the Lucy Tee will be donated to GirlsWhoCode! Use code SANTA20 for 20% off your order!
- Orange Lining – Our sister Margaret discovered this company a few years ago, when they collaborated with one of our favorite mommy bloggers. They call their signature item the Hero Blanket, because the blanket wraps and fastens around the neck like a cape and comes with a matching crown. Rocco and Wyatt have matching sets, and now the littles in your life can have one too. For 20% off, use code HolidayHero20 when you check out!
- Early Gift Gear – Emily discovered this baby clothing shop while she was looking for an outfit for Wyatt to wear home from the hospital. It was their honeycomb pattern that first got her attention, but all of their fabrics are spectacular, and designed by the shop!
Use code HOLIDAY20 for 20% off!
In our family, coffee is almost a religion. Coffee brings people together, even when we’re all so far apart. FaceTime coffee dates and sharing our coffee routine on social media has kept our family in touch these past several months.
- Ashlawn Farm Coffee – OK so truly, this list centers around one small shop. Almost 20 years ago, our aunt Carol started running a coffee shop out of the old barn on the farm she lives on in Connecticut. Since then, the charm of her business and quality of her coffee and customer service has grown her little brand exponentially. If you’ve got a coffee lover in your life, freshly roasted coffee from Ashlawn makes the perfect gift. Order online, and Carol and her team will ship it right to your door!
Use code HOLIDAY10 for 10% off your purchase!
- MoccaMaster – Thirteen years ago, Carol gifted a MoccaMaster coffee maker to Liz and Nic as a wedding gift. Three months ago, Liz and Nic bought a new one – not because the old one wasn’t working, but because it seemed like a good idea. These coffee makers look great on your counter and make the best coffee we’ve ever brewed at home. Emily and Aaron got the pink one to match the rest of their kitchen when they got married in 2017. With 20+ colors to choose from you’re sure to find the perfect shade for your house! We don’t have a code to offer you here, but they’re running free shipping on all brewers right now!
- Bodum Coffee Grinders – True coffee lovers grind their own coffee at home, and Bodum coffee grinders are stylish and reliable. Both their basic model and their larger burr grinders would make a great gift this holiday season, and right now the whole site is on sale. Use code BODUM_10 for 10% off and free shipping!
- YETI – Particularly as a mom, cold coffee is a serious issue. YETI mugs keep your coffee hot all morning while you chase kids, run homeschool, and/or change diapers. They also make a great gift for dads for all the same reasons!
- Miroco Milk Frother – Stuck at home and missing your fancy, on-the-go coffee? An electronic milk frother turns your morning coffee into something special with just the press of a button. The Miroco Frother is one of the best out there, and it’s 5% off on Amazon right now!
- Life Flower – At eight months pregnant, Emily was achy and sore. A friend gifted her high-end, handmade CBD spa goods from Life Flower, including several luxurious bath bombs. Not only do they help aches and pains, they will make any bath beautiful as the dried flowers and crystals dissolve out of the rest of the bath bomb.
Use code SANTA10 for 10% off!
- Doterra Introductory Trio – Any essential oil lover will tell you, this kit of Lavender, Lemon and Peppermint is a solid foundation to start an oil collection on. If you already love essential oils, you’re probably eager to introduce your friends and family to the wonderful world of natural therapeutics. If you’ve heard the hype, but don’t know where to start, this kit would be a great addition to your own Christmas List. Click here to shop this kit and more!
- Papergang – We first discovered this monthly stationery subscription on Instagram. Each month, they commission new artists to design all kinds of stationery, from note cards to notebooks and more. It’s fun to get a new box each month, but it’s been even more fun having a stash of cute cards and sticky notes to send to loved ones while we’re social distancing, or to make working from home just a little more glamorous. They also plant trees to counterbalance their environmental footprint, proudly support the LBGTQ+ community, and occasionally partner with other charities!
- Emma B. Garcelon – Emma makes fabulous home textiles like tea towels and cloth napkins. Based in Portland, Maine, this shop is new this year! Check out Emma’s amazing hand printed products or reach out to her about a custom order. Holiday drop coming soon! Use code HOLIDAY10 for 10% off your order!
- Scout & Bean – Lauren Beveridge started making cotton-rope baskets about three years ago. She now runs a small, one-woman shop where she dyes, sews, tags, and ships everything from her home in Lincolnville, Maine! Her baskets are beautiful and functional. They’d make a wonderful gift on their own but would also be perfect for a gift basket. (I have been the recipient of The Pail, so trust me.) Use code HOLIDAY10 at checkout for 10% off!