I’m not calling them muffins. I’m not calling them cupcakes. They are somewhere in between.
They are muf-cakes!
COFFEE CHOCO MUF-CAKES
¾ cup Toll House semisweet chocolate chips
½ cup Toll House espresso chips
¼ cup (½ stick) butter
1 cup Oakhurst Coffee Whole Milk
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 cups flour (Gluten Free Measure for Measure Flour)
2 teaspoons baking powder
Dash of salt (omit if using salted butter)
- Preheat oven to 350*F and prepare muffin pan (I used paper liners sprayed with no-stick cooking spray.)
- Melt together butter and ¼ cup of chocolate chips either in microwave or on stovetop
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl (I used a standmixer but could totally be done by hand) mix milk, egg, and brown sugar. Once blended, add melted butter & chocolate. Mix.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Add ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips and ½ cup espresso chips. Mix.
- Fill prepared muffin cups almost full with batter.
- Bake 20-25 minutes
- Let cool before topping with Oozy Cream Cheese Frosting!
Updated: Scratched the cornstarch. Not needed.
OOZY CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
8 oz block of cream cheese – softened
½ cup Oakhurst Heavy Cream
3 to 4 cups confectioners sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla
- Whip cream cheese and heavy cream with eclectic mixer until very smooth.
- With mixer on low, add confectioners sugar about ¼ cup at a time until the frosting reaches your desired thickness. I used about 3 cups.
- Use a piping bag or plastic storage bag with corner snipped to swirl frosting on each muf-cake.